CHEP is built upon principles that are inherently sustainable. We are focused on building a long-‐term, sustainable business that serves our customers, employees and shareholders and the many communities in which we operate. We are part of the greater “circular” economy, going beyond the “linear” model of take, make and dispose. We provide reusable pallets, crates and containers that we pool through many users.
Customers use and reuse our platforms to transport goods throughout their supply chains, then either return them to us or transfer them to another participant in our network for reuse. We enhance sustainability by helping customers transport good through their systems more efficiently, sustainably and safely.
CHEP’s sustainability framework focuses our sustainability efforts in three key areas.
1. Better Business.
- We provide efficient, safe and sustainable solutions in our customers’ supply chains.
- Our equipment pooling models are built on principles that are inherently sustainable.
- We work with our customers and suppliers to deliver mutually beneficial sustainable solutions.
- We’re committed to achieving zero injuries within the workforce.
- We conduct ourselves with integrity—always. This is crucial to our ability to successfully execute strategy and meet objectives.
2. Better Planet.
- We minimize our impact on the environment through continuous improvement.
- We return zero wood-‐waste to landfill and work to reduce other waste.
- We promote renewable resources and use 100% controlled wood.
- We are energy efficient and work toward 20% GHG emission reduction goals.
- We also work toward year-‐over-‐year consumption decreases.
3. Better Communities.
- We contribute positively to the communities in which we operate.
- We encourage CHEP people to participate in local community activities.
- Our businesses support environmental, educational and food waste initiatives.
- We are an industry leader in supplier diversity.
- We donate more than $2M annually to serve those in need in North America.
Sustainability is everyone’s job and at CHEP, it’s a job we’ve taken seriously for over 60 years.
We’ll look at your entire supply chain and then determine how we can help you handle and transport your products at a lower cost to your business and with minimal impact to the environment.
We’ll find ways to help eliminate waste, increase your efficiencies, lower costs and use more sustainable materials. We’ll help you figure out how to eliminate the cost of empty miles-‐-‐and the fuel and CO2 that goes along with them. We can help you, like we’ve helped so many other companies, reduce the amount of damaged product ending up in landfills. We can also help you reduce the number of trips needed to transport goods and pallets to and from your facilities. And we can help you develop and implement more environmentally friendly, lower cost packaging.
Because we have the broadest and most environmentally-‐friendly range of product conveyance platforms, we can also help you determine where you can use eco-‐friendly platforms at a lower cost to your business.
Finally, we can help you quantify and measure your environmental sustainability progress. We also have the experience needed to help get your sustainability initiatives adopted throughout your organization.
Click on the environmental calculator to the right, and see how your company can reduce your impact on the environment.